Polystyrene in the form of foam can contain 95% air and is used to insulate houses, buildings and industries of electrical appliances, food packaging, surfboards, food packaging, spare parts for cars and is also used as a stabilization system for roads. constructions and boundaries.
Uses and benefits about in the industry.
This type of materials can be used in any industry:
- Appliances: It is inert and does not react with other types of materials.
- Automotive Industry: Packing and packaging of auto parts.
- Electronic Devices: Encaps are created for electronic devices with antistatic properties.
- Food Sector: It has an excellent cost-benefit ratio compared to other materials, ease of transport and durability of the food products transported, compared to other similar options.
- Insulation Systems: It serves to insulate walls, ceilings, cold rooms or refrigerators, thermos, under concrete, industrial facilities, and has resistance to water or humidity.
- Packaging and Packaging: Serves as a barrier and protects consumer products against damage and deterioration.
- Construction: It is increasingly used within this industry as it is used as an insulator for concrete blocks in buildings since it is full of air bubbles, it is light, resistant to humidity. It serves as an insulator for pipes and pipes as well as pipes for air conditioning, some of our materials can be used as expansion joints between concrete plates, insulation of pipes or ducts; some of our foams foamed due to their damping, resilience and mechanical strength characteristics as spacers or fasteners between concrete, masonry, plastered / or finishes.
- Its insulating properties: No absorption, buoyancy make it susceptible to be used in the manufacture of boats, floating buildings, life jackets, water tables and entertainment, straws, etc.
- Applies resistance and protection to constructions against earthquakes.
- Low density, they are light products and easy to transport.
- Mouldable, complex applications or solutions can be created without spending much energy or excessive resources.
- Inert, they have greater resistance to corrosion and chemical agents. This makes it indispensable in packaging around the world.
- Electrical insulation and thermal uses.
- Versatility, It can be used for any industry, agriculture, architecture, aeronautics, etc.
- Resistance to water, impact and compression among others.
- 100% recyclable.
- Highly durable.
- Due to its zero capillarity and absorption, it is susceptible to floating.
Within its versatility, some of the applications can be:
- Boats or rafts
- Life jacket
- Internal helmet protection
- Elbow pads
- Containment of acids
- Packaging for food, detergents and cleaning products
That is why it is very important to educate society to recycle any type of raw material to avoid contamination and to reuse the existing raw material to use it in other areas.